Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5334
johnmc04 2875
paul12 2810
Willy 2574
Keep It Fun 2404
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Kansas City Youth Soccer Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by momsdabomb @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DwyerFan14Originally Posted By: momsdabombGood luck with getting a breakdown of fees, have not received a response myself. I KNOW what we are doing and I KNOW how much it costs and it doesn't add up to what I am paying.Originall
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Slide Tackle @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

I dont think Roster's can validate anyone's decision. There is a huge level of curiosity out there for how DA is going to go this year. We are not ever going to second guess the choice for us. For us, MRL Premier 1, National League, and High Sch
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by Slide Tackle @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

He might just have to change his call sign.. :o) Dwyer was always a decent player for me. Because I couldn't stand the obvious flopping, he was never my favorite. Heard he was a fantastic person and wish him the best. Interesting what the family
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by oldfatdude @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

I haven't seen in evidence that Rubio is a more clinical finisher. Dwyer was the opposite of a clinical finisher and Rubio looks just about the same. Nemeth on the other hand was a great finisher when here, even though he was playing the wing. I w
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: momsdabombGood luck with getting a breakdown of fees, have not received a response myself. I KNOW what we are doing and I KNOW how much it costs and it doesn't add up to what I am paying.Originally Posted By: momsdabombhave been
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by four2one @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Thoughts on Dwyer move? It sounds like great deal for Sporting. Interesting comments from Benny on 810 interview...Dwyer fit better in old system of high press and quick attack, but Rubio better in current possession, play out of back system. And,
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: sccrdd101I have not seen any rosters posted as of yet. but I think as we get closer to the start of the season that information will be available online The USDA website doesn't have any of that uploaded yet, but neither does
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by sccrdd101 @ 07/25/17 10:13 PM

I have not seen any rosters posted as of yet. but I think as we get closer to the start of the season that information will be available online
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by momsdabomb @ 07/25/17 09:51 PM

Good luck with getting a breakdown of fees, have not received a response myself. I KNOW what we are doing and I KNOW how much it costs and it doesn't add up to what I am paying. I was told they went to a tiered system, thing is the tiered system
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Humbaby @ 07/23/17 05:55 PM

The best ephithany I've taken from this thread is to see if your kid likes the individual sports and has any chance to excel in them if your thinking play for schscholarship. Golf, track sports, cross country, etc. - You pick who you train with,
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Wilson @ 07/23/17 05:09 PM

You're not being nosey. My daughter only plays soccer. She was good at several sports. But stopped playing other sports after 8th grade. However, leading up to that, soccer always was the priority. At BV if you don't make soccer your priority it was
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by sccrdd101 @ 07/23/17 12:28 PM

Has anyone seen a breakdown of from either club for DA expenses? It would be nice to see a cost comparison of ECNL and DA
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Juggler @ 07/23/17 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: WilsonBut once you're in it at a certain level it's hard to turn back. But it's not easy to just pull a kid from something they've been doing since kindergarten. Wilson, Forgive me for being nosey. Does your kid only play socce
WORLD CLASS COACHING
Jump to new posts Re: Coaching advice by Willy @ 07/22/17 08:52 PM

I am glad somebody else is still here! I miss the old days when 5 or 6 topics were going on at the same time.
Jump to new posts Re: All Conference EKL by Wilson @ 07/22/17 06:07 AM

Every year I see these lists and am reminded of how this is such BS. Basketball All State first team= 5 players. Football = 12 offensive, 12 defensive. Volleyball first team = 7 players. Baseball = 17 players. Softball = 12. Soccer "first"
Jump to new posts Re: All Conference EKL by oldfatdude @ 07/21/17 10:06 PM

http://www.varsitykansas.com/2017/07/20/85844/2017-coaches-all-state-girls-soccer.html I know some Olathe East girls and Parents. They have two second team all state forwards. One of the Dads was telling me that they are good they just can't score
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by SoccerDad17 @ 07/21/17 12:44 PM

Juggler going for the Jugular
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Juggler @ 07/21/17 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: WilsonI'm so tired of being bled dry. But once you're in it at a certain level it's hard to turn back. I know the decision is ours. But it's not easy to just pull a kid from something they've been doing since kindergarten. I th
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by justhedad @ 07/21/17 10:22 AM

I too am with Wilson on this one for all of the reasons given as well! Plus LPGA golfers have a shot a decent paydays and have far more longevity. I have no idea what the percentage of college golfers turning pro is and making it versus soccer. As
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by oldfatdude @ 07/21/17 09:44 AM

I am with you Wilson. I wish mine had stuck with track. Team doesn't matter so much in your results. Scholarships are pretty much just based on times. If you have the right time you are in. Limited coaching issues, etc. I do love watching her play
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Rictavious @ 07/21/17 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: JugglerOriginally Posted By: DwyerFan14I guess the way I see it is if they're gonna force DA parents to pay for someone's DA fees it's only fair that those costs get spread to everyone in your home club. What's nuttier, your ab
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Wilson @ 07/21/17 07:57 AM

For any new parents.... please just get your daughter involved in golf. It too is an expensive sport. But scholarships abound and you don't have to deal with all of this BS, bad refs, idiot coaches and manipulative parents. An individual score determ
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by sccrdd101 @ 07/21/17 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: BVSoccerStill can't figure out how this improves on ECNL. If the goal is to suck more parents into spending more money then I guess it has worked. I'm fairly certain that there will be the same number of girls fro the KC metro
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Juggler @ 07/21/17 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DwyerFan14I guess the way I see it is if they're gonna force DA parents to pay for someone's DA fees it's only fair that those costs get spread to everyone in your home club. What's nuttier, your above statement or the lower di
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by BVSoccer @ 07/20/17 05:43 PM

Still can't figure out how this improves on ECNL. If the goal is to suck more parents into spending more money then I guess it has worked. I'm fairly certain that there will be the same number of girls fro the KC metro who 1) receive D1 scholarship
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >