Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5333
johnmc04 2875
paul12 2810
Willy 2568
Keep It Fun 2404
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Kansas City Youth Soccer Forum
Jump to new posts Re: High School by KSDad @ 44 minutes 25 seconds ago

Excellent post Humbaby, all this BS from KSHSSA about "protecting the player" but an absolute disregard for quality referees that should control the game and limit dirty, dangerous play. The rule about attending training with a college tea
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Humbaby @ Today at 01:41 PM

Intentional trips, two hand shoves, rugby tackles, etc are just flat out dirty play. These plays are not tolerated in high school basketball and would result in technicals and ejections. Another example of disregard for soccer and its participant
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by Humbaby @ Today at 01:28 PM

Dwyer is an athlete playing soccer, not a footballer. Nemeth for comparison is a footballer but not much of an athlete. If Dwyer had half the football ability Nemeth has, then his game would be completely different.
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Wilson @ Today at 12:42 PM

My daughter complained about a hand ball and the ref told her he's not calling them. Then smugly said "at least I'm consistent". Again, would not be tolerated in football, basketball or baseball. No accountability breads poor performance.
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ Today at 10:16 AM

Wilson I have seen so many fouls in the box this high school season with no call at all. I mean blatant two hand shoves to the ground. Taking out people from behind. It has been brutal. I have no idea what to do about it, but I agree it is bad.
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by oldfatdude @ Today at 10:12 AM

Last night was a great microcosm of Dwyer. Beautiful goal. Two one on one with the goalie that any decent professional forward should score on .....nothing. The one it seems as if he forgot you have to dribble the ball. He just kept running and l
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Wilson @ Today at 09:42 AM

And another. Seven yellow cards in the game and I've seen far worse infractions in most HS games.
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Wilson @ Today at 09:39 AM

And another one
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Wilson @ Today at 09:22 AM

I'm watching the Everton vs Chelsea game. Trip from behind = a yellow card. What a novel idea.
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by four2one @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Ratio of opportunities created by teammates to goals scored......10:1
Jump to new posts Re: Traits of an effective forward? by jmaster @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Scores goals --check
Jump to new posts Traits of an effective forward? by four2one @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Slow - check Always offsides - check No foot skills - check Terrible 1v1 - check Typically falls over the ball when attempting move - check Horrible first touch - check "Draws fouls" (aka flops) - check More focused on how to stage a fall v
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by Against The Wind @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

Good article find, PC1. Thanks. The choice should be up to the player and parents. Additionally, current high school rules forbid players from participating in college training sessions. What this means is, although players may make visits during t
Jump to new posts Re: High School by StoppageTime680 @ Yesterday at 09:18 AM

The HS soccer experience depends mostly on the coach who impacts a kids individual experience based on a. the style of play, b. substitutions, c. the desire to win and d. being able to evaluate talent. Also what formation fits that talent.
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by pelecosmos1 @ Yesterday at 08:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Against The WindThe problem is the heavy-handed high school activities association rules. It's time to lighten up a bit. Sooner or later, KSHSAA will have to come to grips with the fact that they are hindering player developmen
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by momsdabomb @ 04/28/17 06:50 PM

Have had personal experience with "Nards." Big on player development vs. wins, likes to play the ball out of the back. My boys have played for him and was disappointed he wasn't coaching my oldest again this year. Great guy, he is just w
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ 04/28/17 05:06 PM

Michael Nardiello added to FCKC DA coaching staff 2015 MYSA coach of the year. Google him, he is the real deal...
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by The Syndrome @ 04/28/17 12:34 PM

Tactical periodization is more of a holistic approach to the game rather than a training of different parts of the game. Mourinho is the most successful disciple of this school of training. Here is a good article about it from a couple of days ago.
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by Humbaby @ 04/28/17 12:17 PM

Thanks Pele, got it.
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by pelecosmos1 @ 04/28/17 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: HumbabyWhat is the article referring to as "periodization training" and why would it be available in KC and Tulsa but not Wichita? Tulsa and KC both have pro teams - Periodizattion training focuses on more training
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ 04/28/17 09:37 AM

I got to see the positive side of HS last night. The team played against the big rival school. The girls really really played hard and left it all on the field. Big crowd to play in front of. When they won they all dove into a big pile. It clear
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by Against The Wind @ 04/28/17 09:35 AM

The problem is the heavy-handed high school activities association rules. It's time to lighten up a bit. Sooner or later, KSHSAA will have to come to grips with the fact that they are hindering player development at a crucial point in their career.
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Wilson @ 04/28/17 08:45 AM

Well said Slide. One of my big issues is that some coaches don't really play to win by not putting the best 11 on the field. That would never fly in football, basketball, baseball, etc. A football coach starting a senior quarterback just because he w
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Slide Tackle @ 04/28/17 07:47 AM

High School soccer seems like it is a mini world of Rec to Competitive depending on the size of the school and the quality of the coaching. For the schools with the Science Teacher as the volunteer coach, I am sure is has to be difficult. In additi
Jump to new posts Re: Club vs High School Wichita by Humbaby @ 04/27/17 10:42 PM

What is the article referring to as "periodization training" and why would it be available in KC and Tulsa but not Wichita?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >