Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5333
johnmc04 2875
paul12 2810
Willy 2568
Keep It Fun 2404
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Kansas City Youth Soccer Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by justhedad @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

I hate to date myself but "back in the day" we had a few foreign players and also by acquaintance through those players their were just regular students that attended the school. They received basically no aid from the school. The students
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by oldfatdude @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

My perspective on international players is certainly selfish. I want to see my kid and other local kids get opportunities. You can't blame a local soccer coach for bringing in great players from other countries. I have to say though they are not alwa
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Humbaby @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

My first reaction is to agree that local kids should get more of a chance at local schools too. But if we believe that wouldn't that also need to apply to Bill Self for Kansas basketball? He surely isn't going to let a local kid play on his team un
Jump to new posts Re: USMNT 6-0 over Honduras by Humbaby @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Pulisic is the real deal. Only the AR could stop him last night. He had that play in the first half where he somehow got around two guys right on the sideline and was going to be free on goal. It looked like something Messi would do, but the AR ca
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by oldfatdude @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

I run a manufacturing plant. One thing I hold true is that you don't manage to the exception. Meaning if a process works for 98% of the product you don't change it because it doesn't work for the other 2%. I think in society today we seem to be ove
Jump to new posts USMNT 6-0 over Honduras by oldfatdude @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

Man that was a beat down. Such the opposite of the 4-0 loss to Costa Rica (I think that was the score). Pulisic is just as amazing as everyone thinks he is. I thought Espinoza was going to single handedly injure every US player. Man he was taking
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Rictavious @ 03/24/17 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: HumbabyI think the least anyone could do is let them decide if they want to go through life as a girl or a guy, including what sports team to play on. I do respect that point of view, but the only kid I have a responsibility t
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by KSDad @ 03/24/17 02:03 PM

This is really a non-issue that's in the headlines, only because it is so non-traditional. There are more realistic issues along the lines of state schools giving scholarship preference to out of state and overseas players. If it were down to a few
Jump to new posts Re: High School by justhedad @ 03/24/17 12:44 PM

The MO-Kan tournament starts Monday at Aquinas. I had thought that Aquinas would be the favorite this year but that 1-0 score makes me think games might be closer than I had thought. LSN or Sion could be in there at the end?
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ 03/24/17 11:53 AM

Bishop Miege 1-0 over BVNW St. Thomas Aquinas 1-0 over Blue Valley
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Humbaby @ 03/24/17 10:33 AM

It is too simple to think of all transgender people as being absolutely genetically perfect guys / gals and just mentally want to be the opposite sex. There are also people born with with three chromosomes instead of the normal XX or XY and people b
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Rictavious @ 03/24/17 08:54 AM

The "Trojan Couch": How the Mental Health Associations Misrepresent Science Agree or disagree that is an interesting read.
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Rictavious @ 03/24/17 08:49 AM

As for my initial comment, it really it not all that far fetched because once you accommodate and allow one group to identify as something they are not you open Panadora's box. if I can identify as the opposite sex, then why not a 4-legged animal wi
Jump to new posts Kansas City Cup April 21-23 Teams needed by Raytown Soccer @ 03/23/17 02:56 PM

We are looking for teams to round out the brackets for this event Boys U8 U9 U12 U13 U18 Girls U9 U10 U12 U13 U14 If you team is interested please call Valerie in our office at 816-313-7721 or managerraytownsc@comcast.net Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by soccerama @ 03/23/17 01:38 PM

Though not kid & soccer related, the implications are wide spread and something I believe society will be seeing a lot more. Some have an issue with this transgender Australian weightlifter, who started her transition to female in her 30's, as s
Jump to new posts Re: More yellow cards please by KC Soccer Dad @ 03/23/17 12:19 PM

Tired's post seemed like a good place to insert this: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...cials-get-right I can see why Wilson wants the local refs to be more like the EPL refs. Then there is this guy (he rarely has anything good to say a
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by DwyerFan14 @ 03/23/17 12:17 PM

This precedent is dangerous in my opinion, and it opens the door to all kinds of potential issues. Trying to keep the conversation focused on the spirit of competition and fair play, and not the morality of such things, what would happen if an 25 ye
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Humbaby @ 03/22/17 05:04 PM

I followed the story about the wrestler in Texas that was competing in the girls classification as transgender athlete that wanted to compete in the boys classification, but Texas state law only allowed competition that matched the athlete's birth ce
Jump to new posts Re: Transgender Athletes by Rictavious @ 03/22/17 04:31 PM

What comes to minds.....Can one go to Target, identify as a dog, run around on the all fours, squat and drop a deuce in the aisle without being arrested?
Jump to new posts Re: High School by G Collins @ 03/22/17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: oldfatdudeWhen the defending state champs looses 5-0, yes that is a big surprise. At least to me. Is Blue Valley North really good or is Shawnee Mission West really down , or a little of both. Maybe I am having an old fat dud
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ 03/22/17 01:39 PM

When the defending state champs looses 5-0, yes that is a big surprise. At least to me. Is Blue Valley North really good or is Shawnee Mission West really down , or a little of both. Maybe I am having an old fat dude moment and it wasn't last year
Jump to new posts Re: High School by G Collins @ 03/22/17 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: oldfatdudeRumor is blue valley north beat Shawnee mission west 5-0. If so that's very interesting Is this that big of a surprise??
Jump to new posts Transgender Athletes by DwyerFan14 @ 03/22/17 11:46 AM

I've seen a couple of articles recently about transgender athletes, so I thought I'd see how radioactive this topic is on our forum. If a transgender athlete took an opportunity away from your athlete, rather that be a roster spot on the top team U-
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Rictavious @ 03/22/17 07:06 AM

The SMW website says the rumor is true.
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ 03/21/17 09:24 PM

Rumor is blue valley north beat Shawnee mission west 5-0. If so that's very interesting
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >