Who's Online
1 registered (Humbaby), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5334
johnmc04 2875
paul12 2810
Willy 2574
Keep It Fun 2404
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Kansas City Youth Soccer Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by soccer mommy @ Today at 06:43 PM

I think you must have been seeing an inside document. No one has dropped out of SBV as of right now (although I think there is one w/ an injury). Do you really think SBV DA would travel w/ out a goalie? They have not only their three (or four) tea
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Humbaby @ Today at 06:02 PM

Speaking of goal keepers. I have always thought any player wanting to play full time goalkeeper should pay one half of total cost as the other players outside of travel. To get the discount they need to dual roster - one team in their age group and
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Humbaby @ Today at 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: SoccerDad17http://www.kansascitysoccer.net/2018/02/22/local-club-difficult-decisions-make/ Nice article. I think Huw will get the club on a good path. I like Kansas City Athletic Club as a new club name too.
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by FranzBeckenbauer @ Today at 11:26 AM

OFD, you don't think that's the SBV development plan? Let everyone play goalie?
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by SoccerDad17 @ Today at 10:59 AM

http://www.kansascitysoccer.net/2018/02/22/local-club-difficult-decisions-make/
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by oldfatdude @ Today at 10:59 AM

This maybe true of all clubs. I don't know. But SBV on the Girls side is always short of goalies. They also do a really bad job of making sure their higher teams have a goalie. So a few year back the NPL team on the girls side had no goalie. The
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by FranzBeckenbauer @ Today at 08:04 AM

Now that's true development SBV DA... EVERYONE gets to play goalie. Anyone want to update me on the FCKC meeting?
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by fckcdad @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

I might stay as well. Daughter practicing here anyway.
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by FranzBeckenbauer @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

What!?!? No goalie???
Jump to new posts Re: I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS by SoccerDad17 @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

The first thing that stood out to me was these rival clubs were able to realize what we all know . . . if we want to be recognized as a true power soccer city, we would need to combine our resources and create an "all-star" style environmen
Jump to new posts Re: I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

The first thing that stands out to me is that this club opted to keep ECNL for the girls when they already have the boys side of DA. The other thing I'd say is its a pipe dream for our soccer community. Too many small soccer minds with big paycheck
Jump to new posts I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS by SoccerDad17 @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

http://www.kansascitysoccer.net/2018/02/21/interest-player-development/
Jump to new posts Re: OPSC to change name? by johninkc @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

I've got two kids involved in OPSC. What we've been told to date is that competitive teams D3 or higher in Heartland (or MRL, etc.) are going to break off and try to spark interest by rebranding as Olympic FC (may dip down to D4 at younger age group
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

BIG meeting tonight to discuss "future plans" with Huw. DA parents have their meeting first followed by the other Academy parents. I think I will stick around for both just to make sure the same thing is said to both groups.
Jump to new posts OPSC to change name? by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

Saw on social media the new name will be Olympic FC? Not sure if there is any truth to it or not, just what I read.
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: StoppageTime680Does anyone have the final numbers of players for each of the FCKC teams traveling to Colorado this weekend? How many players are going for each age group and where are the getting them from? DP players filling
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by StoppageTime680 @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

Does anyone have the final numbers of players for each of the FCKC teams traveling to Colorado this weekend? How many players are going for each age group and where are the getting them from? DP players filling in or are players coming from somewhe
Jump to new posts Re: College Signings. Anybody want to share? by Slide Tackle @ Yesterday at 05:57 AM

We heard very similar things at our last visit. Their is a great deal of concern from the NCAA with early recruiting in Soccer and Gymnastics in particular. He felt that new rules would be announced later this year or early next that are intended to
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ 02/17/18 04:35 PM

It is a development academy, especially for the 04 because they are not keeping record or standings, and no college coaches are supposed to be watching you play. I'd encourage you to read some of the information put out by US Soccer and their vision
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by FranzBeckenbauer @ 02/17/18 03:59 PM

I'm just hating and trying to put an end to this DA forum. For the better of everyone. Honestly, I know tons of soccer parents and am just speaking out for some that want to stay silent for reasons of politics, but want their complaints heard.
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by fckcdad @ 02/17/18 01:22 PM

You misunderstood (and I could have been clearer). You (Franz) are advocating the shutting down of the FCKC DA midseason. My daughter is a 2004, what would you have her do? How about the 2003s? Yes, there are problems with the high school age teams.
Jump to new posts Re: College Signings. Anybody want to share? by catchme @ 02/17/18 09:56 AM

My daughter went on a D1 college visit last week and the coach told her the NCAA was seriously considering implementing a new rule that would not allow coaches to communicate at all or even verbally commit until their Junior year. He said the early v
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by FranzBeckenbauer @ 02/17/18 09:50 AM

FckcDad, there's options out there, KC Courage, futsal teams, and coed leagues.
Jump to new posts Re: College Signings. Anybody want to share? by SoccerDad17 @ 02/16/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JugglerOriginally Posted By: SoccerDad17Amen. This is exactly what I have been saying. They are asking these KIDS that don't even know what they want for lunch to commit to something for 4 years of their life 3 or 4 years in a
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by momsdabomb @ 02/16/18 10:59 PM

fckcdad, I just wanted to add that there *are* other options. KC Courage is a program available to high school girls who do not have a program or just do not want to play for their high school. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the p
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >