Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5333
johnmc04 2875
paul12 2810
Willy 2568
Keep It Fun 2404
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Kansas City Youth Soccer Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

I'm 100% fine with that because I'm tired of revolving door practices for sake of other sports. Commitment to practice makes the difference between winning and losing. That being said, I wonder if they will make exceptions for school related activi
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Livingadream @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

I think it's what everyone thought it was going to be. Viewing the slides at least they are honest and say you "can" play another sport for DA has to come first, so no you can't because it will more than likely interfere with DA. My guess
Jump to new posts Re: Private D2s and Public D2s by Humbaby @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

OFD and others going/went through college selection process with soccer as a factor - Since soccer is a non revenue generating sport for athletic departments and obviously the vast majority of scholar money available is partial scollies, do you feel
Jump to new posts Re: U9/U10 Mini Fields No More, Heritage Zombie Lives by RonBishop @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Got rid of the mini fields?! There goes our Men's World Cup chances... I've heard THIS is the last season for Heritage...
Jump to new posts Private D2s and Public D2s by oldfatdude @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

My kid went to two ID camps this month. One Private D2 one Public D2. I have noticed that some of the local private D2s are struggling a little (girls). Rockhurst does well so it is not 100%. When you look at costs I wonder if the Public's get fi
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

I went to the FCKC DA meeting last night. I thought it was a good meeting and informative about many areas except for the ones that matter the most. They still don't know actual cost, which is the biggest elephant in the room. Here are the Parent
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by oldfatdude @ 02/25/17 09:30 PM

Sporting Blue Valley will be holding a Girls Development Academy information meeting on Thursday March 2nd. The meeting will take place at Scheels Overland park store in the upstairs Training Center. 6503 W 135th St, Overland Park KS 66223 It
Jump to new posts Re: High School by justhedad @ 02/25/17 01:33 PM

MarkyM, Come on they are everything to the ones in the ranking!!! Like I said they only mean something if you are on it. lol As meaningless as they are the preseason ones this time of year are so meaningless its crazy! It's been so quiet on here
Jump to new posts Re: High School by MarkyM @ 02/24/17 08:41 PM

justthedad, You know that topdrawer, gotsoccer and all youth rankings are meaningless, right?
Jump to new posts Re: U9/U10 Mini Fields No More, Heritage Zombie Lives by The Syndrome @ 02/24/17 03:31 PM

The good news is that the Grandview fields and the fields by the national training center will be available for Heartland league play starting in the fall.
Jump to new posts U9/U10 Mini Fields No More, Heritage Zombie Lives by Humbaby @ 02/23/17 08:49 PM

Good news bad news from the Spring season schedules, Good news it looks like they followed through to get rid of the ridiculous quarter sized mini fields for U9/U10 games. Back to the half fields, which will be a relief for most. Bad news is it do
Jump to new posts Re: High School by justhedad @ 02/23/17 02:22 PM

Not that these mean all that much this time of year, unless of course your team is listed! lol Let the prognostication begin!! National http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/high-school-soccer/national-team-rankings/women/spring-2017-preseason-(feb-7)/501
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ 02/23/17 01:55 PM

KSDAD my daughter has played club with this one girl for 5 years. So I have gotten to know the family. The son played on a high level Rush team. The team did really well and the son did really well. For High School the son was still on JV as a ju
Jump to new posts Re: High School by KSDad @ 02/23/17 09:49 AM

Having been through high school soccer on the men's side for the past several years with two kids, I can say the worst thing about it is the politics, followed by coaches that don't have a clue about the game. It is what it is, and I always encourag
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Jack Handy @ 02/23/17 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: DwyerFan14 There are certainly life lessons to be learned either way you go. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. Amen. So - any thoughts about who will be the top teams in the metro area this spr
Jump to new posts Re: High School by DwyerFan14 @ 02/22/17 01:07 PM

I sat through a college coach Q & A a couple weeks back, and playing high school VS club came up. The summary of all the coaches comments was that a player should do what makes them happy and its the one time experience but they want players pla
Jump to new posts Re: High School by freekick @ 02/22/17 08:59 AM

Hmmm, sounds real similar to a thing called "life". Most of us have suffered through lousy bosses ... or that college professor that expects you to hit the class running on day one and shows no mercy or assistance throughout the semester.
Jump to new posts Re: High School by oldfatdude @ 02/22/17 08:17 AM

Every school is different. Some the conditioning is tough. Some the bad players are tough. Some the politics are tough. Over the years you hear lots of stories. Years ago there was supposedly a coach that said you had to be able to juggle 100 tim
Jump to new posts Re: High School by Rockchalk @ 02/21/17 03:13 PM

I have been waiting for this thread My kid has her first HS tryout Monday. She's been conditioning with the HS players for about a month on top of club practice/play. Five days a week for a month or so. She is absolutly dreading the start of tryo
Jump to new posts High School by oldfatdude @ 02/21/17 02:14 PM

I wanted to be the first to bitch about High School Soccer. I bitch about the same stuff every year but hey it's a tradition. 1. Conditioning with the Coach started on Saturday. This consists of running non stop for 1 hour. Sprints followed by sp