Who's Online
2 registered (Rictavious, Rubbish), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5334
johnmc04 2875
paul12 2810
Willy 2574
Keep It Fun 2404
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Kansas City Youth Soccer Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Wilson @ 09/15/17 02:37 PM

I'm not surprised about the offer and congratulations. Getting the exposure is so helpful. For kids that may be on a second team with the talent to play at the next level.... it's so tough to be seen. Especially if you're not getting much help from t
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by Quiet Observer @ 09/15/17 10:46 AM

All I can say is that since joining FCKC and my daughter playing 3 games, she has been made 3 scholarship offers and 3 other trips scheduled. The coaches have been the best help as compared to where we came from!
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by forza italia @ 09/15/17 08:49 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by DwyerFan14 @ 09/14/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: FranzBeckenbauerWe'll find out soon how much winning matters. Keep getting blown out and we'll see how long fckc has a DA. I want to disagree with this statement, but the early returns do support the theory. I pulled the game
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by FranzBeckenbauer @ 09/14/17 11:41 AM

We'll find out soon how much winning matters. Keep getting blown out and we'll see how long fckc has a DA.
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by StoppageTime680 @ 09/14/17 10:30 AM

Lots of stuff in here and interesting takes 1. Playing out of the back: is the correct way to do it even with High pressure - problem is too many kids even at the DA level don't have the confidence or skill to handle the pressure in the back. This
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by The Syndrome @ 09/14/17 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: DwyerFan14THe wrote, "some may argue that if you face teams who "press" the way Houston and Lonestar especially did that you shouldn't try to play out from the back and play through the thirds, but instead should
Jump to new posts Re: Regional soccer tournaments by 4 Kids Deep @ 09/13/17 03:26 PM

Then would agree Des Moines and Omaha would both be great locations. Very nice cities, easy to get around. Omaha has a great downtown. Hit the zoo in the afternoon for a team activity, etc.
Jump to new posts Re: Regional soccer tournaments by soccerama @ 09/13/17 03:05 PM

Ditto, we like the Des Moines Spring tourney. Close, well maintained grass fields, economically priced hotels and food. Their downtown area is awesome and very pedestrian friendly. We walked around, had lunch during our games and then went back ou
Jump to new posts Re: Regional soccer tournaments by soccer mommy @ 09/13/17 02:40 PM

Des Moines is a really nice place to travel to for tournaments, esp. if you're just looking for a Silver level tournament. Close location, great fields, good prices for hotels, food, etc.
Jump to new posts Re: Tournament in the Woods 9-15-17,2017 by Raytown Soccer @ 09/13/17 09:51 AM

Free if you can play the schedule Silver bracket Boys U10 Boys U14/15 Call Valerie at our office 816-313-7721
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by catchme @ 09/13/17 09:06 AM

It's super interesting to read all the opinions on this thread. Just remember they are opinions and not necessarily fact. My daughter plays for SBV DA and has trained personally with Matt Briggs before he became director over at FCKC DA. I have two o
Jump to new posts Re: Regional soccer tournaments by tblack @ 09/13/17 08:09 AM

Thanks for the info. This is a U11/U12 D4 team at Heartland if it makes a difference with the recommendations.
Jump to new posts Re: Regional soccer tournaments by 4 Kids Deep @ 09/12/17 11:03 PM

Depends on what age and level you are looking for. When our kids were younger, Omaha had a couple tournaments that we enjoyed. Not ELITE level competition on whole, but if you were anything below that, good competition, easy drive, decent lodging
Jump to new posts Re: Girls Development Academy by 4 Kids Deep @ 09/12/17 10:51 PM

I'm sure quite a few (especially those that had younger Legends players) will feel the pain of "sticking to your guns" in a 9-0 loss. The poor coach wears it like a badge of honor (and in some sick manner is vindicated in the beating) that