Who's Online
1 registered (Rictavious), 37 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5087
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Willy 2447
Keep It Fun 2404
Page 103 of 298 < 1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 297 298 >
Topic Options
#58416 - 09/16/09 10:49 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: Brittany.Barney]
D. Stuteville Offline
old hand

Loc: In La-La Land
Norman Vincent Peale

Another seller of Books.

#58417 - 09/16/09 10:58 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: D. Stuteville]
zidane5 Offline
old hand

Brit

good for you. I'm so glad you were stopped in the parking lot this past weekend. however the broad sweeping commend about being the best in the history of coaching methods is quite laughable.

#58419 - 09/16/09 11:22 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: zidane5]
hitman Offline

My daughter plays for one of the Legends teams and it because of her coach and teammates, not because of a book or some esoteric view of soccer. I've always felt it is my job as her father to help her become a leader and productive citizen. Each club has it's good and bad points, but that is to be expected. It seems to me that it becomes harder to attract players to our club when we have a holier than thou attitude towards the rest of the soccer world. I think I may have met Andy once, but I can't really say his philosophy is why we are here.

Edited by hitman (09/16/09 11:23 AM)

#58438 - 09/16/09 06:48 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: hitman]
SoccerPimp Offline
enthusiast

There you go hitman, and I bet the same happens all over the place just as you mention.

#58447 - 09/17/09 12:17 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: SoccerPimp]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Next reason

Any Number Can Play

Because soccer uses a round bouncy ball, even one person can enjoy such activities as juggling or dribbling in a very limited space, e.g. garage or basement, without a partner. Other skills such as shooting, passing or heading can be practiced using walls. When partners are involved the permutations for practice and fun with a soccer ball become endless. The “Training Soccer Legends” approach is the most effective at accommodating any number of participants while involving them in very specific and creative techniques for excelling at the highest levels of the game. In other conventional “pass and receive” philosophies the coach needs a specific minimum or maximum number of players at practice if he is to pursue a viable team agenda. With the Legends approach any number of players can be optimally developed.

smile Andy

#58453 - 09/17/09 04:27 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: AndyBarney]
johnmc04 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: uk
If a gives a sermon to an empty congregation does anybody hear him? grin

#58459 - 09/17/09 08:13 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: johnmc04]
CLASSICS Offline

Loc: North Kansas City
AMEN! This legends fc thread is a joke.

#58460 - 09/17/09 08:15 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: johnmc04]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

John,

"empty congregation".

Have the English forgotten how to count since I emigrated?

smile Andy

#58461 - 09/17/09 08:16 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: johnmc04]
paul12 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Northern Virginia
I've been glossing over these 'reasons,' but after chuckling over the unheard sermon reference, decided to go back and read this latest.

Is anyone else reading these? This latest is absolutely laughable. The legends way is best because their training plan works better than anyone else's regardless of how many players show up?

Um, well, I guess some of us 'flat earth' coaches who erroneously still think passing and receiving is part of this team game have figured out how to adapt when we don't get the exact number we needed for the 6v6 on the little practice plan we carried to the field.

#58462 - 09/17/09 08:20 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: CLASSICS]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Classics

Here's some more information for you. We all enjoy a good joke right!!? smile

Easy to Understand

The objectives and rules of soccer are simple. The object is to score in the opponent's goal and stop them scoring in yours, with a ball that can be propelled in any direction, at any time. This is a concept even the very young can understand, thereby making participation in organized soccer training programs possible at an earlier age than in most other team sports. Because the ball is mostly floor based soccer is the only ball sport where the very young can manipulate the ball at very young ages (as opposed to sports with dropping or bouncing balls). The “Training Soccer Legends” philosophy is very easy for kids to understand, yet optimally challenging at all stages of development. After the technical training stage each practice involves transitioning between two closely spaced goals. Unlike conventional coaching philosophies incorporating passing games in grids, servers outside the grid, sections of the field where some players can’t go etc; the Legends approach allows each player to go anywhere on the practice field, while challenging him to use the most creative offensive or effective defensive techniques and tactics under pressure. The concept is so very simple that the average 4 year old understands it. However, the challenge provided by the environment and Legends curriculum conditions is so difficult that even the accomplished 17 year old still has to apply himself 100% in order to be consistently successful.

smile Andy

Page 103 of 298 < 1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 297 298 >

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura