Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5069
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Willy 2445
Keep It Fun 2404
Page 174 of 298 < 1 2 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 297 298 >
Topic Options
#62372 - 11/13/09 11:51 AM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: paul12]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Paul

I would never post anonymously!!

If I can't say it using my full name I don't say it.

It goes against my code of ethics to hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

If others want to do it that's fine by me. I'm glad that this forum allows anonymous posts because people can say what they truly feel and I get the full message from those who vehemently disagree with the purist Legends message. In a perverse way the cloak of anonymity allows people to open up and fire at me with both barrels. The message I receive is therefore far more "honest" than if everyone had to use their real name and adopt a softer stance as opposed to the hard hitting that currently occurs.

You aren't the first to accuse me of posting under another name. You are only the latest to be wrong.

smile Andy

#62373 - 11/13/09 12:00 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: AndyBarney]
hitman Offline

In a pursuit of honesty, integrity, and full dislosure, I will cease to use an anoymous name. Hitman was a college nickname, and this will be the last post using it. If I feel the need to post in the future it will come from my Christian name of Frank White III.

#62374 - 11/13/09 12:12 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: hitman]
raiderdude Offline
addict

Loc: God's Country - North of the R...
Originally Posted By: AndyBarney
I had brunch yesterday with one of that team's parents Bud Kasper, (President & Owner of Kasper Steck Wealth Management. Perhaps you have heard him giving financial advice on the radio).

I am responding to a post that was in the Notre Dame thread that should remain about those athletes, not the Legends.

Guess I won't be using him for all my money that I have buried in my backyard that I need to invest.

Originally Posted By: AndyBarney
It goes against my code of ethics to hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

But you have no problem putting down a father from one of your club teams that wishes his daughter to train with coaches outside the Legend's program? That's really putting your code of ethics to the test huh?

Edited by raiderdude (11/13/09 12:16 PM)

#62375 - 11/13/09 12:16 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: raiderdude]
zidane5 Offline
old hand

6 degrees of Andy Barney

#62376 - 11/13/09 12:18 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: hitman]
paul12 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Northern Virginia
Okay, maybe there really is a 17-year-old futbol fan out there some place where friends are called mates, who is worried about the reputation of Kansas City soccer, who felt the need to warn others of potential lawsuits from picking on one club in particular, and who picked the name anonymouslikeyou. I can buy that.

#62377 - 11/13/09 12:35 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: paul12]
FWhiteIII Offline
stranger

I didn't take it as an insult, because I know the facts. Once you think you know everything, that is when you stop learning anything.

#62378 - 11/13/09 01:29 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: raiderdude]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Raider

Quote:
But you have no problem putting down a father from one of your club teams that wishes his daughter to train with coaches outside the Legend's program?

Boy are you getting the wrong end of stick. For over twenty years the Legends club has recommended that our players get as much experience in all areas of soccer as possible. We have an open guest play policy. We feel that any club that doesn't encourage their players to try other methods and decide for themselves is restricting the freedom and choice that is essential to a free democratic society and personal growth. Over the years a number of our players have taken advantage of the opportunity to guest play and/or train with other teams/coaches.

Quote:
putting down a father from one of your club teams

To each of us perception is reality. Your perception is that I "put him down". My perception is that I showed him where his argument was mistaken and offered him some hard hitting advice that will benefit his daughter. My intent is to help him to maxmize his daughter's potential. I have 5 daughters and have made many alpha dog parenting mistakes with them. I like to think that I'm a much better dad of daughters than I was 21 years ago when Brittany (my first born) arrived. When combined with my soccer experience, some of what I've learned has to be valuable to other soccer Dads and daughters.

smile Andy

Edited by AndyBarney (11/13/09 01:31 PM)

#62379 - 11/13/09 01:58 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: hitman]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Hitman

If your daughter believes she learned more from Tim Richardson than Tom Mura and Jamie I can accept that feedback. Tim and I are friends and have a strong mutual respect. Tim's philosophy is the closest to the Legends philosophy that I have yet found in any individual that I haven't influenced or trained. Tim will tell you that he coaches a very similar method to ours at the younger ages. This isn't surprising because Tim grew up in Brazil and passionately believes in a highly creative deceptive dribbling and shooting skill base for young players.

Tim had enough faith in the Legends program that he brought his son Trent to play for me when he was 13 years old.

If you are interested I'd love to sit down with you and Jamie so that we can share our perspective with you.

smile Andy

#62380 - 11/13/09 02:01 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: paul12]
AndyBarney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Paul

Quote:
Okay, maybe there really is a 17-year-old futbol fan out there some place where friends are called mates, who is worried about the reputation of Kansas City soccer, who felt the need to warn others of potential lawsuits from picking on one club in particular, and who picked the name anonymouslikeyou. I can buy that.

There must be because I swear on a stack of bibles it wasn't me that made those posts.

If I lie my children die!

smile Andy

#62382 - 11/13/09 03:08 PM Re: Soccer as a Vehicle for Learning Life Lessons [Re: AndyBarney]
freekick Offline
addict

Andy -
I have no doubt it wasn't you, because you have no fear when it comes to posting under your name. But I don't have that same confidence in some of your supporters/fellow posters.

Now for some advice ... I don't recommend you posting a statement like your last one. It could easily be taken out of context, thought to be more general than specifically applied here, or read by others not knowing you (including other children). Bad taste.

Page 174 of 298 < 1 2 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 297 298 >

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura