Who's Online
2 registered (pctrips, pelecosmos1), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5093
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Willy 2450
Keep It Fun 2404
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#75709 - 03/30/11 03:16 PM Guest play at Heartland?
scottish_thug Offline
journeyman

Loc: Glasgow..Ibrox
A friend of mine was approached by a coach that coaches in the Heartland league. To see if his son could guest play with them during league play. Not dual card. His son plays on the missouri side in the Kc Metro League. We didnt know if this was legal or not. Does anyone know?

#75720 - 03/31/11 09:32 AM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: scottish_thug]
kcfutbal Offline

Originally Posted By: scottish_thug
A friend of mine was approached by a coach that coaches in the Heartland league. To see if his son could guest play with them during league play. Not dual card. His son plays on the missouri side in the Kc Metro League. We didnt know if this was legal or not. Does anyone know?

From the Heartland Rules for Premier Divisions:

3.04 Guest, Multiple roster players & Club Passes

A maximum of three guest players are allowed per team per game.
Teams may not exceed the maximum number of players allowed on the game day roster
by adding guest players.

Players may only play for one team within a sub division, i.e. they may not dual roster or
guest play with another team in the same sub division.

Players may guest play or dual roster “up”, but not “down” within their age group. For
example, a U14 Division 2 player may guest play with a Division 1 team, but not with a
Division 3 team. That player may NOT play in any division lower than Div 2 in his/her
own age group.

A player primary rostered to a team that is older than his/her actual age group may guest
or dual roster with a team playing in highest division of his/her actual age group. For
example an actual U14 player who is primary rostered to a U15 team may play as a guest
or dual roster player with a U14 Division 1 team.
Once a player has played a game for their primary roster team, they are not permitted to
change their primary status and play for a lower division team within the league for that
season.

Teams registering their players via the “Club Pass” option provided by KSYSA must
submit a league roster to the Heartland office prior to it’s first league game. Failure to do
so will result in those games being forfeited until that roster is received. The club pass
roster must clearly show which players are on the league roster. That number must not
exceed the state maximum for that age group. A player who has been excluded from a
league roster, may guest play for that team if he/she is clearly shown on a roster of a team
in a lower division or age group. The appropriate guest player forms must also be
submitted to the referee.

All guest player forms must be taken to the game and submitted to the referee.

#75733 - 03/31/11 07:49 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: kcfutbal]
Fred Offline

Clear as mud.

#75734 - 03/31/11 08:35 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: Fred]
freekick Offline
addict

Go read Andy's gibberish ... then you'll realize this is crystal clear!

#75736 - 03/31/11 10:06 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: freekick]
SCR FAN Offline
stranger

Are you questioning whether it was okay for the coach to ask (possibly recruiting) or whether it is okay to have guest players at Heartland games?

Did they used to have a limit on how many times one player could guest play for the same team? I didn't see it on their website, but I thought you used to only be able to use the same player 3 times. Not sure on that one.

#75739 - 04/01/11 07:36 AM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: SCR FAN]
student of game Offline

Yes it is legal for a Mo player registered thru the Metro League to guest play at Heartland. Make sure their coach knows about it and bring his player card. The mgr of the heartland team will fill out guestplayer form

#75744 - 04/01/11 01:10 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: student of game]
CarefulWhatuWish Offline
stranger

That may be how it works for KS players & teams.
In Missouri - players must have a MYSA Guest Player Form filled out and signed by their primary team coach and that team's registrar. The card also has to come from the primary team. If they don't do this - they aren't a "legal" guest player because they don't have permission from the state where they are registered.

#84689 - 02/14/12 02:15 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: CarefulWhatuWish]
rrchemo Offline
stranger

I apologize for jumping into this but going through many of the discussions this is the one closest to my situation. My daughter is 10 and is rostered (or dual rostered) on 2 teams. One will play at Heartland and one plays in Metro. I coach a U-11 boys at Metro and I'm a bit short on players and would like to have her on my team in case we run short and she doesn't have a roster conflict.

I tried to get this done through the team registrar and was told that Metro doesn't allow players to be rostered in more than 2 teams (although I can't find the rule honestly). Still, since one of the teams she is playing on is doing Heartland she only is playing on one Metro team and should be allowed to play on my coed team. Am I looking at this too simply or are there MYSA rules that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

#84692 - 02/14/12 04:13 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: rrchemo]
CoachPlayRefNLS Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Summit of Lee
I just looked at the Metro rules and found nothing regarding a limit to a player being on multiple rosters. They allow players to be on multiple teams in the same division. A team of all girls has to play in the girls side, a coed team can only play coed. What matters is what team is her 'primary' team. If your primary team is Div.2, you can play 'up' in Div.1, but not 'down' in Div.3. So if her Metro team is U11 Div.1 as her primary and your boys team is Div.2, she may not be able to roster for both because that would be playing 'down'. Maybe you could contact the Metro League thru their website. Here's the link to the Metro League representatives: http://www.kcmetroleague.com/contact_us.html

#84695 - 02/14/12 04:56 PM Re: Guest play at Heartland? [Re: CoachPlayRefNLS]
skiddie Offline
addict

Also, I was under the impression that you can only play on two competitive teams per state...that is, if all three teams were in MO, you cannot 'triple card' her.
And, you need to stay within the guidelines that CoachPlayRefnLS above states about levels.
Heartland is also picky about when you switch--you need to have the primary, secondary, designations done before the player plays a game for either one during a regular season (I know that one from personal experience a few yrs back when my dau wanted to switch her primary team to her secondary team, but she had just played one game with 'primary' so Heartland wouldn't let her change the designation).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura