Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5073
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Willy 2446
Keep It Fun 2404
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#83149 - 11/06/11 08:29 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: zizou]
close2theEnd Offline

I'm sorry zizou, I can't really make any educated predictions on the Missouri side. I just don't know enough.

What are your thoughts?

#83171 - 11/07/11 11:18 AM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: close2theEnd]
jjflash Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: close2theEnd
Just some of my thoughts:

I know that BV West lost a lot of great seniors. My prediction is that it will take them a bit of time to regroup.

BVNW also lost some fabulous seniors (including their amazing starting goal keeper), but their current senior class is very strong. They will do well.

If I am not mistaken, OE has lost a main offensive threat due to graduation. It will be interesting to see who steps up and scores some goals. They have a lot of talent on this team. They will do well.

I know skiddie will say..."but we haven't even had tryouts yet!", but here's what the teams 'close' mentioned look like going in based on last year's rosters.

BV West- The Jaguars(13-5-0) last year, losing in the regional final to SME. Coach Aiman losing some quality Senior's, six to be exact, to graduation. Possibly 9 Senior's return, one being his daughter A. Aiman who led the Jaguars in goals and assists. Should be a contender in 6A this year.

BV Northwest- The Huskies(18-3-0) overall and last seasons 6A State Champs. Coach Pribyl loses 8 Senior's to graduation, including Gatorade Player of the Year H. Chaddick and top GK Lillard. Return a possible 10 Senior's, along with a young JV team from last season. Possible repeat?

Olathe East- The Hawks(13-3-0)? last season from what I can tell, lose only two Senior's from last years roster...really? A very young team overall last season with Coach Hair returning a large Senior class of possibly 14. Will be interesting to see how this bunch does, being that they were so young last year and despite this, still had a very good overall record.

#83175 - 11/07/11 11:58 AM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: jjflash]
close2theEnd Offline

"Olathe East- The Hawks(13-3-0)? last season from what I can tell, lose only two Senior's from last years roster...really? A very young team overall last season with Coach Hair returning a large Senior class of possibly 14. Will be interesting to see how this bunch does, being that they were so young last year and despite this, still had a very good overall record."

One of those two seniors was KA. She had 32 goals and 15 assists for the Hawks last season. She will be sorely missed.

Keeping in mind what you said about BV West.....I still think it will take them a bit of time to regroup. Who knows...maybe they'll surprise me?

#83203 - 11/07/11 09:41 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: close2theEnd]
skiddie Offline
addict

Actually jjflash, I'm the one who mentioned Olathe East, even though tryouts have yet to occur.
BVNW will be a challenging team too, but most of the chatter I hear is about how dynamic the OE will be...like they are expected to be possible state champions...that's what I've been hearing.

#83205 - 11/07/11 10:41 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: skiddie]
Big Picture Offline

As long as the coach doesn't play a 6-2-2, OE has a chance. They have the athletes. Not sure they can put it in the net enough without KA to win 6A.

#83217 - 11/08/11 01:04 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: zizou]
skiddie Offline
addict

zizou, As far as MO goes:
(Just my opinion) I think that Liberty will probably be the team to beat (state champs two years running).
LSNorth was good last year, and they have a good goalkeeper, so they will do well (and they only graduated 3 seniors) but they just don't score like Liberty.

I do not know the teams so well on the St.Louis side, but a relative of mine that lives over there says that one of the high schools over there (Incarnate? Ursuline? not sure) has one of the most winning girls soccer coaches in MO in a long time, so you can't rule them out completely.

#83219 - 11/08/11 03:42 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: skiddie]
bleddry Offline

Viati, I mean Skiddie,Liberty lost Groom to A&M and Goff to Nebraska, as well as Clark to Missouri. They still have KC and HB who can pose a threat up front, DK in the back for one more season, but I just don't see them dominating as they have the past couple of years.They will still win the majority of their games, but it may be harder for them to play at that same pace they have had the last few years. you don't lose three players like that without a little drop off.

LSN lost Stanley to Missouri, and she was bullets in big games, they will only have AS for this year and after that, I just don't really see them standing out, unless they have a strong freshman or sophomore class we haven't seen yet.

STA has two strikers in ST(Sophomore) and DB (Freshman) who both have national team experience, also play on the same club team. True they lost Gray to Nebraska, but LL (Sophomore) will help fill the gap in the middle. The back third will be a concern for them.

Sleeper team: Kearney. KCFC-Futura Academy U16 is the core of that team now. Their familiarity with each other in club ball may make them a team to watch.

(Just my opinion)

#83220 - 11/08/11 04:08 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: Big Picture]
jjflash Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Big Picture
As long as the coach doesn't play a 6-2-2, OE has a chance. They have the athletes. Not sure they can put it in the net enough without KA to win 6A.

They really ran a 6-2-2? Did they score much with that or were they just worried about keeping opposing teams from scoring on them. That had to have been hard on their mid-fielder's.

#83227 - 11/08/11 06:25 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: bleddry]
skiddie Offline
addict

Hey Bleddry--weird that you would call me Viati!--not affiliated with them in any way (before or after the merge with Rage) if that is the Viati you are talking about. Puzzled by that reference but anyway...

My guess is as good as yours. I still think Liberty may be good. I have also heard that all three Lees Summit high schools will be pretty good, with some strong freshman coming in to all three schools. Also heard mention of Blue Springs South being decent, but not as strong as others previously mentioned. I haven't heard anything about high schools outside the immediate metro area.

I can see how Kearney would be good if they have a core of KCFCFutura U16 though. We'll see I guess. I'm more familiar with KS.

#83292 - 11/12/11 04:29 PM Re: 2012 Kansas High School Girl's Soccer Season [Re: skiddie]
ozsoccer Offline
stranger

Any thoughts about the upcoming season for 5A or 4A teams?

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura