Who's Online
2 registered (pcsoccer, Hard Practice), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5074
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Willy 2446
Keep It Fun 2404
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#84798 - 02/21/12 10:25 AM Re: Comets [Re: TheWorldsGame]
TheWorldsGame Offline

Loc: Midwest
From the Comets' FB Page:

"Yesterday's game was a success on the field, but an even greater success for the Comets Charities! Thank you all for your support. Overall we were able to collect:

-Approximately 165 soccer balls for the Byron Alvarez Foundation
-4 overflowing collection barrels of sports goods for Leo Gibson's Kicks For Christ
-2,000 pairs of socks for the Galaxy Girls and Blair's Foster Socks
-Nearly $800 for The Dalton Burner Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kansas City

If you would still like to help with any of these great organizations you can visit any KC Metro area Citizens Bank & Trust locations beginning tomorrow. They will be accepting donations for all five charities through the week! On behalf of the Comets staff and players...Thank you to the greatest fans in the MISL!"

WELL DONE COMETS FANS FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE STATE LINE.

#84800 - 02/21/12 11:11 AM Re: Comets [Re: TheWorldsGame]
TheWorldsGame Offline

I received this email yesterday from the Comets:

"The COMETS picked up their 5th straight win on Sunday by beating the Rochester Lancers 13-11 at the Independence Events Center and improved to 14-8 on the season. This coming weekend, the Comets are back in action by hosting the defending MISL Champions Milwaukee Wave, both on Friday the 24th and Sunday the 26th, at the Independence Events Center, as we close out the regular season. Fans are encouraged to take advantage of a special offer for the weekend – 2 games for $20. This deal gets you a ticket to the game on Friday night and a ticket to game on Sunday afternoon for just $20. If you can’t make both games, you also have the option to choose which game you want to attend for $11, $14, $18 or $22. Details are listed below:

“2 for the Weekend” - COMETS vs. Milwaukee Wave

WHAT: 2 Games for $20 (or 1 game for $11)

WHEN: Friday, 2/24 at 7:35pm
Sunday, 2/26 at 3:10pm

WHERE: Independence Events Center

PROMOS: FRI 2/24 - Celebrating Comets 30th Birthday by retiring Gino Schiraldi’s #2 Jersey
SUN 2/26 - 1st 3,000 fans will receive a DVD featuring highlights of the history pro indoor soccer in Kansas City

TO PURCHASE: Contact the Comets at 855-KC-ARENA ext: 7212

DEADLINE: Thursday, FEB. 23rd at 5pm"

LET'S PACK THE HOUSE AGAINST THE DIVISION LEADING MILWAUKEE WAVE AND LET THEM EXPERIENCE THE BEST SOCCER TOWN IN THE NATION.

#84802 - 02/21/12 12:52 PM Re: Comets [Re: TheWorldsGame]
Kaka Offline
Pooh-Bah

I would agree on Waltman. Best game I have seen him play. That Rochester breakaway with 5 seconds left and he just come off the line and blows that play up. It does not get much better than that. His reads and reactions were on all game.

#84873 - 02/24/12 11:06 PM Re: Comets [Re: Kaka]
fac40mil Offline

Loc: KS

So its Friday and nothing going on... Google things to do in KC. Missouri Comets. Well i said nothings going on soooooo....wife. Not interested. 16 yr od daughter. Yeah right. 11 yr old girl soccer star.... Wants to be at BB game w friends ( am i losing her?) uh oh...9 yr od son.... Nope friend spending night... Last shot 4 yr old son? YES! Just got home. Had to leave a bit early. Little man ran out of gas in 4th period.
That was a blast. No joke gotta check it out. I had no idea- very very cool.

#84878 - 02/25/12 01:37 PM Re: Comets [Re: fac40mil]
Kaka Offline
Pooh-Bah

I have been telling people for two years, those games are alot of fun. We need to get the playoff game on Mar 9th sold out. It may be tough with the Big 12 tournament going on the same time, but the Comets definitely deserve a great playoff game atmosphere.

#84893 - 02/26/12 09:46 PM Re: Comets [Re: TheWorldsGame]
Kaka Offline
Pooh-Bah

Wow...Comets kicked the crap out of Milwaukee for three out of four halves this weekend. Milwaukee has got to be a little scared for the playoffs. Lots of injuries on both sides, but they have two weeks until the playoff game.

Geison and Alvarez stepped up huge today. Lucas and Stokic are coming on like crazy trains. It was good to see the Comets play well with guys like Gibson, Vahid, Tiggy, Junge, and Waltman taking a break tonight.

I am still going back and forth on league MVP. Geison and Vadid are at the top of my list. I am trying to find another player on a team besides the Comets, to edge one of them out, but I have not seen it yet.

Edited by Kaka (02/26/12 09:47 PM)

#84895 - 02/27/12 08:57 AM Re: Comets [Re: Kaka]
TheWorldsGame Offline

Like Kaka, we have been going to Comets games regularly for the last two seasons. It was great to see them play Milwaukee back to back Friday and Sunday. It reminded me of a good baseball rivalry where a team came in for the weekend. The bad blood from Friday night flowed right into Sunday afternoon. I would have bet $100 that a fight was going to break out in the first quarter yesterday.

Much credit goes to Koach Kim for getting the boys up to play the hard physical style that Milwaukee brings. We certainly weren't out-fouled or ran off the ball yesterday like we were on Friday night. All bad memories of a poor third quarter Friday night were erased with the beat down that the Comets handed the Wave on Sunday. Kaka's "kicked the crap out of Milwaukee" isn't just metaphorical talk. The Comets brought it for real.

Alvarez scored SIX goals and Boris Pardo filled in perfectly for Waltman between the pipes. Great effort on both sides of the ball.

Very much anticipating the playoffs. I think this team proved that they are not scared or intimidated by the Wave with their play on both days this past weekend.

March 9th Playoff tickets go on sale today at the IEC box office or call 855.KC.ARENA (52-27362)

#85047 - 03/12/12 08:51 AM Re: Comets [Re: TheWorldsGame]
TheWorldsGame Offline

Thank you Missouri Comets for a great season. We enjoyed going to the games again this season. Your players and staff truly appreciate the support that this community brings and your actions off the pitch reflect your appreciation. From top to bottom you run a classy organization. Good luck in the off season and we will see you next winter.

#85083 - 03/15/12 09:27 PM Re: Comets [Re: TheWorldsGame]
Kaka Offline
Pooh-Bah

Yeah I always feel a little twinge when the season ends. My family and I have a great time with the Comets games. I saw the Friday night game, but I was on a plane and had to miss the Sunday game. I turned on twitter when I landed and saw they had lost 9-7. I knew they figured out some things from the 22 - 10 loss on Friday night. Milwaukee came out stupid physical on Friday night and the Comets got a little confused and tried to play that game for awhile. Milwaukee knows the Comets can run the ball around them and they had a good game plan Friday night.

The Comets hit a great rhythm this season and were really fun to watch. I hope they all come back and build on next year.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura