Who's Online
1 registered (KanSoc), 38 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 4999
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Keep It Fun 2404
Willy 2390
Page 18 of 30 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#85554 - 04/20/12 11:32 AM Re: club mergers... [Re: coach12345]
T Okera Offline
journeyman

The talk about how the teams may or may not merge to get the best players on one team (or not) brings up how the merged teams will be placed with the best coach for those higher level teams. Do you really think that, with the egos of the BVSC upper level coaches, they will just let go of their top level National teams? Someone will have to give up their teams, and based on the win/loss records it seems that the coaches for KCFC are doing a MUCH better job at competing.

#85555 - 04/20/12 11:33 AM Re: club mergers... [Re: hindsight2020]
not that crazy Offline

If it is 1 or 3 or 5....it won't be a "merger" it will be a picking and chosing of select talent from teams. Again, although a team can always get better, I don't see a the u-16 KCFC team picking up many players from ANYWHERE. They did that last year.

I believe the real question will be how many MRL teams will there be and how will they "merge." That might depend on who the coaches are...

#85556 - 04/20/12 12:01 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: kssoccermom]
coach12345 Offline

Coaches? Club? So they can play with their friends?

All three.

#85557 - 04/20/12 12:14 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: hindsight2020]
coach12345 Offline

The player pool is a lot smaller for local club teams than it is for national collegiate programs so there is bound to be less of a difference in talent level.

You can't judge the quality of individual players by the record of the team. I'm not saying that their are five or six BV girls that will make the ECNL team but there will be two or three.

You made wins the most important factor in choosing a team when you said that any good players from BVSC would have moved to KCFC already because has been more successful.

#85558 - 04/20/12 12:44 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: not that crazy]
reason Offline

Originally Posted By: not that crazy
If it is 1 or 3 or 5....it won't be a "merger" it will be a picking and chosing of select talent from teams. Again, although a team can always get better, I don't see a the u-16 KCFC team picking up many players from ANYWHERE. They did that last year.

I believe the real question will be how many MRL teams will there be and how will they "merge." That might depend on who the coaches are...

I think you may be confusing the "merging" of teams with the club merger. Teams are not merging, two clubs are merging. The teams will be, at least in theory, formed at tryouts from the players that show up at tryouts, regardless of which club they had previously been with or came from.

#85560 - 04/20/12 01:24 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: reason]
paulie_walnuts Offline
enthusiast

Loc: West Virginny
Originally Posted By: reason
Originally Posted By: not that crazy

I think you may be confusing the "merging" of teams with the club merger. Teams are not merging, two clubs are merging. The teams will be, at least in theory, formed at tryouts from the players that show up at tryouts, regardless of which club they had previously been with or came from.

ol paulie tinks dis makes da most cents. buts ol paulie donts knowz his screamin snake starz from his kcfc-erz.

#85561 - 04/20/12 01:58 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: coach12345]
hindsight2020 Offline

Originally Posted By: coach12345
You made wins the most important factor in choosing a team when you said that any good players from BVSC would have moved to KCFC already because has been more successful.

where did i make wins the most important factor? i showed wins, losses, ties, goal diff, and rank becuz those are team stats. there are no individual stats to report.

and i'm saying that the only thing a non-coach can go by is team stats

but wait, there is some individual stats

i'll pick on the u17 BVSC ecnl team

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/teams/37602961/38339290-37603059/TEAM.html

6 goals in 17 games doesn't say much.

I will give you U18 BVSC, the two top scorers could probably play at KCFC

Dont know younger two age groups to say

and i think that you are biased to bvsc. why cant there be players at Futura, Fusion, or KC Select that could be at KCFC's ecnl? by your thinking, when you add bvsc to the list, there are 8-12 players that could/should be on the KCFC ecnl team

i doubt anyone thinks that is true

#85563 - 04/20/12 02:45 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: ]
zidane5 Offline
old hand

they will, its called the ECNL teams.

#85566 - 04/20/12 03:24 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: skiddie]
Mia Hamm Offline
journeyman

Loc: KS
Originally Posted By: skiddie
Not sure why it's quiet unless details are being negotiated...devil's in the details you know.
By the way, if this KCFC / BVSC merge takes place, then how does that affect the KCFC Futura academy teams? Will the three teams then merge? Something like a ...KCFCBVSCFuturaAcademySportingKC ?

?????? Interesting question now that it seems merger is indeed going to happen. Cat is out of bag now too that Vlatko is indeed going over to the new Mega Club club too. What about his teams at Futura??? What about Futura Club??? I hear that he is a very good coach. Sounds like another strong coach picked up by BVSC in all this.

Anyone????

Could be a very interesting tryout season in KC. All this may mean biggest changes we have seen in a long time.

#85567 - 04/20/12 08:11 PM Re: club mergers... [Re: Mia Hamm]
Kaka Offline
Pooh-Bah

I don't know who is going to be on the top teams, but with that many kids, I bet they are really good.

The top team in each age group , starting with u13 should be paid by the club. At least league fees and waive training fees. Tack $5 a kid each year and the club could pay for that.

I like the in-house league idea for u12 and under. They could make it plenty competitive and you do it all at OP. Maybe once a year they go to jeff city or columbia.

I think the development potential is big. I like the futsal requirement. That many kids playing futsal will speed up overall development. I know some people hate it, but it is awesome for training.

Page 18 of 30 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura