Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
coachkev 5074
johnmc04 2873
paul12 2810
Willy 2446
Keep It Fun 2404
Topic Options
#6019 - 08/15/05 11:34 PM UEFA B Licence
Nelinho Offline

Loc: Europe
Hi All,

beginning UEFA-B Licence soon. I'm looking for advice from current licence holders or those who have completed the Course & Workshops, but who have failed or not completed the final assessment as yet.

Samples:

Questions you should have asked and didn't?

Getting involved as much as possible in the practicals?

Note-taking

(With notes being very personalised, if you were participating in the practicals,did you find it difficult to catch up with the notes?)

Level of fitness required?

Etc.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

N.

#6020 - 08/16/05 06:13 AM Re: UEFA B Licence
bluebirds Offline

Loc: cardiff
Hi mate, when I did my 'B' license with FAW it was a week away, now they have changed it to 3 weekends.

My advice to you is that you need to being reasnably fit as you are involved in practicals from the tutors and you have to do 3 sessions yourself. when I was there for the week it was quite intense and so people asked a lot of questions but others didn't it depends if you want to ask I asked loads of questions in respect of the sessions that were done as they always give you constructive feedback. What I did was get involved in as many practices as possible as I felt I would get a better picture of what you need to do to pass the course, as alot of the sessions were on a 1/2 pitch or 3/4 pitch practice, and the seessions were i.e direct play, midfielders play with width, control tempo thru midfield, switching play, role of deep line midfiled player, defending in a 4-4-2 etc. My advice to you is notes are important what I did was copy some of the boys notes on the course who didn't participate which did help, as the theory work you have to do for 8 months then your final assessment is intense but enjoyable. Where are you thinking of taking your 'B' license ???, but what I will say is good luck mate and I hope you pass in due course.

#6021 - 08/16/05 11:31 PM Re: UEFA B Licence
Scoosh Offline
stranger

Loc: Scotland
Hi Nelinho,

Are you booked on a course yet mate, I'm Just about to start mine in Northumberland on the 13th Sep so i'm in the same boat. I will keep you posted on how i get on but all the advice i have had is not to get to overawed with the hole thing and to enjoy it. What else can you do? It's all a learning process.
All the best.
Scoosh

#6022 - 08/16/05 06:42 PM Re: UEFA B Licence
Nelinho Offline

Loc: Europe
Hi Lads,

thanks for the info. and the good wishes!! Scoosh I wish you the best mate. I'll keep you posted on how I'm getting on myself. I'll drop you a P.M. once I get booked-in and get started. I'd be really interested to compare courses....Instructors, facilities, information and quality of sessions, no. of participants etc.

What age level(s) are you involved with at the moment?

n.

#6023 - 08/17/05 02:53 AM Re: UEFA B Licence
bluebirds Offline

Hi Lads,

I agree with Scoosh don't get to overawed or worried about the content of the course, as the instructors are there to give you constructive feedback in regards to your coaching principles in regards to the 'B'License. When I did my mine it was at Aberystywh for a week but as I said it has changed to 3 weekends now, but was I will say as long as you use the coaching process, ie, demo, diagnose, re-create, q/a, etc that is what they look for in FAW as long as you use the process and use your own style of coaching boys I am sure you will both pass. I coach U10's @ Cardiff City. On our course there were approx 34 people and the quality of seesions were good some not so good, but down be to hard on yourselves if you feel your session was not very good as that is what you are there for to learn before your 8 months of work before your assessment. The pass rate is quite hard not sure what it is with FA , but FAW had only a 25% pass rate when I passed. Good luck both of you and let us know how you did on the course.

#6024 - 08/17/05 04:36 AM Re: UEFA B Licence
Kokos Offline

Loc: Cyprus
Hi Nelhinho and Scoosh

I finished my UEFA B license in Cyprus on September last year.It was a 2 week course with sessions from the instructors in the morning and sessions from us in the afternoon, something like mock exams where the instuctors were giving us tips on fields we had to improve.

You will be given a subject for your exam i.e passing and what you will have to do is to design a session that will start from simple passing techniques and progress to exercises, small sided games and 11 vs 11.

The key points to pass is to design a practise session that is of good quality and apply it to the ability of the players you will train on your exam day.

Donīt try to put very difficult exercises if the ability of the players is not up to the exercise because if you fail to get what is needed out of the exercise might result in failure of your exam.

I hope i was helpfull somehow

Bye and good luck

#6025 - 08/17/05 05:22 AM Re: UEFA B Licence
bluebirds Offline

Guys also had a thought when you do your session on the course make sure you use a 1/2 or 3/4 pitch practice with 16 players and what I was advised was go into an 8v8 small sided game as quickly as possible.

Once again lads good luck

#6026 - 08/17/05 06:47 AM Re: UEFA B Licence
bluebirds Offline

Also on this one lads there different modules in relation to the license which you would not have done on the 'C' License eg player profiling, psychology, match analysis, aspects of fitness in players so the 8 months are going to be quite intense.

good luck

#6027 - 08/17/05 04:46 PM Re: UEFA B Licence
justin.leeds Offline

Loc: pontefract west yorkshire engl...
just done week intensive ,final in december halfway through course work which on previous advice told needs to be top notch,i coach under 10s but having 14 minimum hours to log u need at least age 14 upwards to deliver good phases of play etc this will help you ,i have done 1 session with under 10s from the course but only a function needing 8 players, i have used our under 17s,you will need to be fairly fit we only had 18 so unless u where on or next on you played every game ,i personally learnt more been on the pitch than stood on the side trying to take notes you have time to review afterwards good luck and enjoy it

Moderator:  Mike Saif, Tom Mura